22 Reasons To Drink Mangosteen Juice
22 reasons why everyone should be drinking mangosteen juice:
1. Prevents hardening of the arteries
2. Protects the heart muscle
3. Anti-Parkinson, anti-Alzheimer and other forms of dementia
5. Prevents and arrests fungus
6. Prevents bacterial infections
7. Viral fighters and prevention of infections
8. Prevents gum disease
10. Lowers fever
11. Eye care-prevents glaucoma and cataracts
12. Pansystemic - a synergistic effect on the whole body
13. Energy boosters - anti-fatigue
15. Weight loss
16. Lowers blood lipid
17. Anti-tumor benefits
18. Cancer: Mangosteen helps in the prevention of cancer with its powerful antioxidants.
19. Lowers blood pressure
20. Numerous references to "Immunostimulants"
21. Lowers blood sugar
22. Tastes fantastic
The mangosteen (Garcinia mangostana) is a tropical evergreen tree, believed to have originated in the Sunda Islands and the Moluccas. The tree grows from 7 to 25 meters tall. The edible fruit is deep reddish purple when ripe. In Asia, the mangosteen fruit is known as the "Queen of Fruits," while the durian (Durio spp.) is known as the "King of Fruits." It is closely related to other edible tropical fruits such as button mangosteen and lemon drop mangosteen.
The outer shell of the fruit is rather hard, typically 4-6 cm in diameter. Cutting through the shell, one finds a white, fleshy fruit 3-5 cm in diameter. Depending on the size and ripeness, there may or may not be pits in the segments of the fruit. The number of fruit pods is directly related to the number of petals on the bottom of the shell. On average a mangosteen has 5 fruits (round up figure).
My Dad says eating mangosteen after a durian feast helps to neutralise the 'heatiness' from the durian. Try it and let me know!